Monday, January 25, 2010

Update on Life

Okay, so I'm not so great at keeping this thing updated... Kinda figured that would happen. ;) The thing is though, life gets busy! Some days I feel like the weeks are crawling by and then BAM! Something happens and you're left thinking, ummm where did the past few weeks go? I feel like it was just the beginning of December and I was trying to get ready for Christmas, and here I am now, in the last week of January! A lot of things have happened to me, my small family unit of two (soon to be three!), and my friends. Here's just a condensed list...

* Adam turned 25! He is now a quarter of a century old! ;) I love teasing him about that.

*We celebrated a blessed Christmas with the Cloud, Applegate, and O'Neal sides of the family. We came down to SEMO for a few days and witnessed a lot of rain and flooding, while our Olathe friends and family were snowed in for the holiday. No fair! ;)

*I was hit with some MONSTER morning sickness and stomach flu of some sort that left me in bed for a week in a half, and all of my daycare parents scrambling for childcare. :( Not a happy time.

*My family lost a beloved son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, friend in a terrible car accident on New Year's Eve. We love and miss you Michael!

*Our close group of friends from church suffered various illnesses, car accidents, job losses, etc. It's been a rough couple of months, and there have definitely been times where we've struggled, but my husband and friends continue to amaze and encourage me with their faith in God and his greater plan for our lives. :)

*I had to be put on medication for my increasing bouts with nausea and I'm finally finding relief. :)

A girlfriend of mine really inspired me with a list of things she filled out each week about her recent pregnancy and I decided to use her idea (thanks Meg!). ;)

How far along? 15 weeks 6 days!
Total weight gain/loss: Not really sure, I've been losing weight due to the morning sickness. Last OB appt. I weighed 122. And that was down 6 lbs from the previous appt. :(
Maternity clothes? Yes, finally! I've been in that awkward "none of my regular clothes fit, but maternity clothes are too big" stage for the past few weeks. A friend from church (who happens to be the same size as me) just had her baby in Dec. and let me borrow all of her clothes! Thanks Ashley!
Stretch marks? Just my tooshie. ;) TMI, sorry.

Sleep: Typically I sleep all through the night. The past few weeks I've stolen every extra pillow we own (including all of Adam's except one) and barricaded myself in. Otherwise, I have terrible back and hip pain for days. :(
Best moment this week: Getting drugs that keep me from puking! :D
Movement: Nothing yet. :( Some nights I lay flat and really still but I'm pretty sure all I feel is my stomach growling, lol.
Food cravings: Fruits and veggies always, but last night I demolished a whole plate of french fries by myself. ;)
Gender: still won't know for a few more weeks. :(
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in... it's pretty deep, so I'm thinking I may not "pop" at all. We'll see...

What I miss: Bowing down to the porcelain god... NOT!
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't be afraid to call the doctor and ask for help... he doesn't think you're stupid for not wanting to puke ALL the time! :)
Milestones: I kind of "popped" this past week. I think I still just look pudgy, but other people are called it a "bump" and that makes me smile. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a baby blog! I'm excited to see you and the little one grow over the coming weeks! If you ever need ANYTHING, let me know! I only work Mondays and Thursdays from 12 to 4, but am free the rest of the time!

    Love you, darlin!

    ReplyDelete