Thursday, March 11, 2010

22 weeks and feeling fine!

Man does time fly or what? I feel like the first trimester just dragged by and now I stop to check things out and two weeks have flown by! Make it stop! Or at least slow down. ;) We are at 22 and a half weeks of my pregnancy and I'm feeling REALLY good. :) I don't feel like I'm about to fall asleep standing up, I haven't puked in weeks (knock on wood), and I can actually "hold it" for more than an hour, hooray!

Adam and I are no closer to finding a name for baby girl, but we still have plenty of time. It's actually really hard to pick! We're not talking about naming a goldfish or a pet rock here! This is our CHILD! And she will have this name forever! Man, talk about pressure. ;) I'm really not too worried about it yet, we still have plenty of time, and if it really comes down to it, they won't let us leave the hospital with her without putting something on her birth certificate. ;)

Okay, now for some silly stories about things I have done in the past week that I am totally blaming on pregnancy brain:

*Adam now refers to me as "Mrs. 3 second brain." What does this mean, you ask? Well, let me demonstrate a conversation we had on the way to church last week:

Me: Hey Adam, do you have to, ummm, what's it called? Where you help your Dad...? (And then, before he or I can figure out what it is I'm talking about....) Oh WAIT! Please don't let me forget to tell Andrea that I need to get that thing from her...
Adam: What thing?
Me: That thing I asked her for the other day, I can't remember the name of it.
Adam: No, the other thing.
Me: What other thing?
Adam: The thing you just asked me about.
Me: I asked you a question?
Adam: Yeah, about my Dad.
Me: I do not remember that...
Adam: Well, anyway, I'll help you remember to ask Andrea something.
Me: What do you need to ask Andrea?
Adam: Nothing, you do.
Me: I need to what?
Adam: Ask Andrea something!
Me: Well what did I need to ask her? What are you talking about?!?!
Adam: *sigh* I have no idea...
Me: (about 10 minutes later... during church) Recipe! I was going to ask Andrea for a recipe! What were you gonna ask her?
Adam: *groan*

*I needed to measure some fabric for Baby Girl's bedding, but I didn't want to use a ruler, so I went on a hunt for the yardstick. I searched EVERYWHERE! For at least 40 minutes. I was so mad that I could not find it. I thought Adam had moved it... so then I was mad at him. As I'm dialing his work number to chew him out about moving the yardstick, I realized.... I don't own a yardstick... my mom does. It's at her house. Oops...

*And my favorite so far actually happened yesterday... I go to the orthodontist every couple of weeks. My ortho's office is located on the third floor of a large office complex. I arrive at the complex, park my car, walk inside, ride the elevator up to the third floor, walk down the hall to my othro's office, and proceed to my appointment. Thirty minutes later I emerge from my ortho's office, head back down the hallway, and stop at the elevators. Here is where I proceed to take out my car keys and hit the "unlock" button on my clicker... several times... at the elevator... to get it to open... unsuccessfully, I might add. After about 4 tries it finally dawns on me... I am trying to unlock the elevator with my car keys. Awesome. I should not be allowed out in public, much less drive. Haha! I thought it was funny. :)

Okay, here's this week's picture: 22 weeks!


How far along? 22 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: Not quite sure... my scale is totally different from the one at the dr's so I never know until I go there.
Maternity clothes? Yep, there's no going back now! ;)
Stretch marks? No new ones.

Sleep: Pretty good. I usually get up once a night, but it's not bad. Now I've started having really bizzare dreams, so that's... interesting.
Best moment this week: I know this is totally not pregnancy related but.... the WEATHER! It's been awesome! I even went on a walk. :) Go me!
Movement: Lots! It's so fun feeling her, and it always makes me smile. :)
Food cravings: Back on the apple pie kick, haha!
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in... I've decided I don't think it's going to "pop" just flatten out. I have a weird bellybutton...

What I miss: Bending over to tie my shoes or put on socks... it's uncomfortable!.
What I am looking forward to: Picking her name!
Weekly Wisdom: The chiropractor is your friend while you're pregnant, seriously. :)
Milestones: Month 5! Baby Girl is now the size of a papaya, is about a foot long, and weighs about a pound! Wow!

5 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Seriously beautiful! Your 3 second brain stories were pretty funny lol. I did some crazy stuff, too! And as far as the crazy dreams go, get ready, cause they get worse! I have the most bizzare dreams every night! And a lot of them revolve around colorguard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing person. I love you Dani. And seriously Kathryn is a good name! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam gets to keep the car keys when you actually start the elevator with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Kathryn Renee? LOL!! Or Meghan is also a fab name ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing and never cease to stop making me laugh and I love that about you! OH, and you're beautiful pregnant! (you always are, but you are a super cute pregnant person too!)

    ReplyDelete